About CIE Chile
The Foreign Investment Committee (CIEChile) is the agency that represents the State of Chile in its dealings with foreign investors and helps to position Chile as a highly attractive destination for foreign investment and international business through its role in matters related to the administration and communication of the corresponding legal norms, the development of promotional activities of different types and the preparation of information concerning foreign investment for investors and potential investors. The Foreign Investment Committee is formed by the Ministers of Economy (who acts as president of the Committee), Finance, Foreign Relations and Planning as well as the president of the Central Bank. Other ministers responsible for specific economic sectors are also invited to participate in meetings whenever deemed necessary. It’s headed and managed by an Executive Vice-President who is appointed by the President of the Republic.
- Develops all types of initiatives to communicate, promote, coordinate and implement measures to foster the entry of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- Provides general information about Chile, its economic and social environment, legal framework and policies on foreign investment, giving specific information on how to begin the process of setting up a business in Chile as well as the procedures and regulations to which any investor must adhere for bringing FDI into Chile.
- Ensures the correct application of the Foreign Investment Statute in order to safeguard the rights of both the State and foreign investors by communicating the law’s terms and administering related legal procedures: the analysis of investment applications, the signing of investment contracts and the authorization of remittances.
- Publishes an up-to-date and accurate statistical register of foreign investment under the Foreign Investment Statute by compiling information about contracts and flows under these contracts in order both to safeguard investors’ interests and to prepare statistical reports for public use.
- Publishes regular reports about Chile’s business climate and about specific investment opportunities in private and public projects, and coordinates business missions abroad, seminars and conferences.
- Coordinates the defense and representation of the Republic of Chile through the Foreign Investment Arbitration Defense Program in cases filed by foreign investors before arbitral tribunals
Jorge Pizarro Cristi, Vice President (email@example.com)
Martin Pathan, Services Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)