About Cayman Islands Department of Commerce and Investment
As an economic development agency that specialises in licensing and regulation, the Department of Commerce and Investment has a key role to play in Government policy relating to economic growth and diversification. The mission of the Department of Commerce and Investment is to ensure businesses are properly licensed and regulated through compliance with relevant laws and regulations while fostering an environment that supports teamwork and commitment.
- The Department of Commerce and Investment is primarily responsible for the licensing, regulatory and enforcement of numerous business licensing laws and regulations while assisting businesses in the relevant approval processes and requirements.
- The Department’s objectives are as follows.
- To create effective local stakeholder engagement on the framework for local commercial activity and improving the viability of small and micro enterprises.
- To process applications for business licences in compliance with relevant laws.
- To meet international standards in the regulation of Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Persons operating in the domestic economy.
- To ensure that appropriate enforcement action is taken whenever there are infractions to local licensing laws.
- To create a system to address issues relating to anti-competitive practices in local industry.
Director: Mr. Ryan Rajkumarsingh (Ryan.Rajkumarsingh@gov.ky)